<
>
<

6.1.10

when you float like a cannonball

being home most days, alone, and going on a long jog in the snow permits a lot of time for thought. i really love running in the cold. fresh, clean air, and everything is white. i wear a hat, gloves and a scarf around my neck, and when i get home my nose is bright red. i love it here so far.
i applied and (hopefully!) will be starting in april. although i can't decide which major. music? art education? those are the two i am debating over. once i get in, i'm going to go meet with both departments because i'm determined to stick to something this time. i've been in school for 4 years and have a completely sporadic transcript. i'm really leaning towards music though, singing makes me so happy, music makes me so happy.
taking photos makes me happy, but its not something i see myself doing in 10 years. i'm feeling kind of in a funk with photography lately. i have a hard time with trends, i like some, do some, hate some, but still do them. i find when there are no expectations, i'm at my best. i decided to only set one goal for myself this year. and that's to live each day. with everything in my life, i constantly look at the long run. school, temple attendance, prayer, weight loss. i always think "by next year i'll be here..." or "by next year i'll be able to say..." and i realize if i want any of that to actually happen i have to take it one day at a time, be calm and prioritize. be content with where we are. strive for progression, but don't obsess over it.

just a few of them, anyway...


-k