<
>
<

1.10.09

^this is my little notebook that i always carry with me. i write thoughts, poems, lines of songs i like, funny things i hear strangers say. landon says it's my "crazy book" because someday when our kids read it they'll know i was crazy. good thing he is the only person i let read it. the dead grass in the picture makes me happy, october is here. we've had the windows open every night for a week. the hum of trains and landon's deep breathing pull me to sleep.

my sweet great-grandma passed away peacefully last night. she was 100 years old, born on christmas day, named christmas carol, married a movie star, mothered my grandma karen, grand-mothered my dad, let me play dress up with her clothes, was always good for 50 cents, a snow cone and a very funny face, made the best sourdough bread i've ever had, played frisbee and went fishing well into her 90's. last thursday she told my grandma, "i quit." i'll miss my gammy, but happiness prevails